There are many volunteer opportunities for individuals, groups, churches within the LegUp! From sorting donations to working fundraising events, we need your help! If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or want more information, fill out the form below and a representative of the LegUp will get in touch with you!
What does it take to become a Volunteer?
- Attend a brief initial orientation.
- Commit to the time you agree to!
- Be punctual.
- Be ready to make a difference!
If you want to do more, we ask that you become a champion for change and consider joining our Mentorship Program. Upon graduation, our clients receive a year long mentorship to help them stay on track, have someone to talk with about obstacles, and encourage them in their new life direction. A mentor for the Leg Up Program is a caring, stable, responsible adult who will empower and support positive growth and personal success for the client by practicing soft skills and forward thinking through development of a genuine and professional relationship.
what does it take to become a Mentor?
TO ENSURE CONSISTENCY AND STABILITY ALL VOLUNTEER MENTORS WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Attend a brief initial orientation and meet with selected client and a member of the LegUp team.
- Commit to being a volunteer for one year (12 meetings)
- Contact client at least once per month for twelve months, preferably in person! Conversations should include checking-in about:
- Goal setting
- General well-being
- Housing needs/efforts
- Report via email on how each meeting goes, and how much time you gave.
- During Mentor/Client interactions, sponsors will be expected to be a resource to our client for proper life-skills and development in various ways, including:
- Use professional language and mannerisms.
- Demonstrate kindness and politeness.
- Demonstrate patience, reflective listening, and active communication.
- Maintain appropriate professionalism and boundaries when meeting with or talking to our clients:
-Meeting only in public places (Like the LegUp Office!) and respecting the level of information the client is willing to share.
- Contact the Client Service Coordinator if there is ever any question or incident concerning boundaries.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality, information and photos should be submitted to the LegUp for review, and not posted online or to social media.
- Provide support in a way that is nonjudgmental and nondiscriminatory, ( I.E. Gender, race, religion, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, education level, and etc.)
- Please do not actively proselytize your personal beliefs, as we respect the individuality of each person who walks through our doors.
Have some questions?
Send a message to: email@example.com
or give us a ring at 682.499.7800, Ext. 42
the Gift of an Interview Ready Outfit$50.00 Add to cart
Single Client Sponsorship$500.00 Add to cart
National Hunger and Homeless Awareness Week$25.00 Add to cart
Class Sponsorship$5,000.00 Add to cart
Bus Pass$100.00 Add to cart
Bicycle$125.00 Add to cart
10 Hours of LifeSkills for Clients$1,000.00 Add to cart
#GivingTuesday$25.00 Add to cart